August 5, 2012

Hitting Reset


So, apparently writing once a month and falling off the face the blogosphere for an entire year is not the best way to keep up a blog...yes, I’m categorizing that into the “lessons I learned at age 25” folder.

When I initially started this I had a whole lot of rules for my writing and what I wanted my little corner of the Internet to be. But, over the past year, I’ve realized that rules sometimes equate to limits and writing, well, it deserves freedom. Requires it really.

I’ve always been a little bit (okay, more like a lot a bit) afraid to let me words into the world for others to see. While I loved reading my byline on a newspaper or magazine article, there was a hesitation to really own what I wrote and that’s precisely the problem I ran into on this fun little website. 

Now, after a few years in New York City and some fun, not so fun and downright weird stories to tell, I think it’s time to try this again. 

I want this to be a place for my family to check in, a place for me to write down my memories (because god knows my brain is slowly diminishing…) and a challenge to let me writing have the freedom it deserves.

Okay, with all that said – it’s time to push reset

No comments:

Post a Comment