August 7, 2012

Ready, Set, Go!



Today was one of those days in New York City that just felt good in the city. The sun was out, the humidity was way down (finally), people were smiling and the trash on the sidewalk just didn’t smell as bad as usual (okay, that might be a lie but it’s really neither here nor there).

It also just so happened to be the day that I signed up for my final New York Road Runners 9+1-qualifying race for next year’s NYC marathon. Coincidence, I think not!

I’ve thought a lot about what running a marathon is going to be like over the past year. In some ways I’m not exactly sure what to expect (does gu really work? And, is it really necessary to wear a water bottle belt?!), but in others I feel ready (yep, watch on hand. Ready. To. Go.). 

I’m excited for what finishing that last qualifying race means and even more excited for what the next chapter in running will bring. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment